What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small data file of letters and numbers that are placed on your computer or other device (such as a smart phone or tablet) as you browse this website.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options.
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
You can also select which cookies you are happy to accept by ticking or unticking boxes in our pop up Cookie Disclaimer.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies, pixels, tags and other similar technologies used to collect your device information and browsing information are stored in your browser for the session or for as long as you do not clear your browser cookie settings. The data we obtained through the cookies related to other purposes will be stored for the duration of that purpose.